Project Activities and collaboration with Development Partners
Bangladesh Employers’ Federation (BEF) in cooperation and in collaboration with development partners, foreign /and international organizations such as ILO, IOE, DECP, AOTS, UNDP, DFID, THE WORLD BANK, ADB, GIZ, APO, and others has been actively engaged, and coordinating and implementing various activities for the promotion of business and industry for the greater interest of the country and also to meet the changing needs of the day.
Project Activities with ILO Country Office for Bangladesh
- BEF under the Skills21 project of ILO implementing and facilitating project activities relating to Setting up of Business Incubation Centers, Mentorship program, Capacity Building of Partner Enterprises, IMAB, EF and Development of Business Models. Project activities have been started from June 2020 and continue up to April 2022.
- BEF in cooperation with ILO Country Office for Bangladesh initiated and successfully completed planned activities under the CL project in connection with Child Labour issues – Proposal for the inclusion of the priority sectors mentioned in the NPA in the TCC, Social Dialogue and Industrial Relations agenda and capacity building of the constituents. The Project activities started in March 2018 and ended in December 2018.
- BEF under the BSEP-Project of ILO Implemented Formal Apprenticeship Programs, Organized and Facilitated Training of Trainers (TOT) Programs for ILO’s Productivity Development Tools SCORE, SIYB and Promoting Gender Equality & Diversity and Disability Inclusion in Employment/Industries. The Project activities started in June 2016 and ended in June 2017.
The overall objective of the project activities was to promote industry engagement in skills development, productivity enhancement and support increased access to skills programs and employment opportunities for disadvantaged groups. Implement and strengthen formal apprenticeships in the Agro Food, Furniture and Tourism & Hospitality sectors, Support priority sector’s enterprises to implement productivity improvement tool (SCORE) and entrepreneurship development tools (GYB, SIYB) and Promoting gender equality & diversity and disability inclusion in employment/industries.
- BEF successfully implemented, coordinated and facilitated 3rd phase of the EOSH Project. As follow-up of the 2nd phase of the project, 8038 mid-level managers, chief in floors who were trained during the 2nd phase in turn trained around 8,11,100 workers about the strategies to ensure OSH. The Project activities started in October 2016 and ended in June 2017
- BEF successfully implemented, coordinated and facilitated 2nd phase of the EOSH Project activities as follow-up of the ITC-ILO Train the Trainers workshop on EOSH, 8038 mid-level managers, chief in floors were trained in around 585 RMG factories. The Project activities started in May 2015 and ended in March 2016.
- BEF successfully implemented, coordinated and facilitated “Train the Trainers workshops for Master Trainers on the Essentials of Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH)”. Five (5) ToT workshops were conducted and a pool of 114 master trainers selected by BGMEA and BKMEA were trained so that they could later conduct training on the topic to the mid-level managers. The Project activities started in August 2014 and ended in March 2015.
- BEF in cooperation with ILO, as the project activities, facilitated and coordinated the logistic support to organize Training of Trainers (ToT) programme for “Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE)” and “Start and Improve Your Business” (SIYB). The Project activities started in July 2015 and ended in December 2015.
- BEF initiated and implemented planned activities under– ILO Project on “Promoting Decent Work through Improved Migration Policy and its Application in Bangladesh”. The Project activities started in April 2014 and ended in May 2015.
Project Activities with GIZ
Bangladesh Employers’ Federation (BEF) in cooperation with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH successfully implemented planned activities under the project “Mainstreaming Return to Work in the RMG sector of Bangladesh”. The Project activities started in September 2019 and ended in March 2020.
The objective of the assignment was to train personnel from RMG factories as RTW coordinators, support them in implementation of the RTW programme in the factories and undertake monitoring and evaluation of the RTW programme in the respective factories.
Project Activities with ILO ACTEMP
- Bangladesh Employers’ Federation (BEF) in cooperation with the Bureau for Employers Activities (ACTEMP) of International Labour Organization (ILO) undertook an activity to carry out Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for junior and middle level supervisory and managerial staff of 2 to 3 stars hotels. Based on the needs analysis a ToT module was also formulated. The Project activities started in July 2018 and ended in February 2019.
- BEF under the ILO ACTEMP Project and in cooperation with the ILO Country office implemented activities relating to Capacity Building of Training Unit of Bangladesh Employers’ Federation. The Project activities started in January 2014 and ended in April 2015.
The overall objective of the project activities was to conduct TNA, Training module development, organize &conduct training, development of strategic Business Plan for BEF training services and impact assessment.
Project Activities on SD-16 of the ADB
BEF implemented Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP) SD-16 of the ADB in cooperation with BRAC. The project activities started in May 2017 and ended in August 2018.
The overall objective of the Program was to develop training modules on OHS and soft skills in line with the requirements of the industry in selected six sector (IT, RMG & Textile, Leather and footwear, Construction, Light engineering and Ship building), to organize and conduct TOT to 12 BEF master-trainers on OHS and soft skills and to conduct training to 820 participants (approximately).